Monday, December 6, 2010

The "Urgent! Extra Credit Blog" on 5 Part Paragraph Skills

Going over my old blog post helped me a lot. Even though I wrote it, I kind of completely forgot about those skills which would enrich my paper. These skills helped develop my new paper in many ways. One being, that I chose stronger transitions. I made sure to have strong transitions so they they did not flow in with everything else and were recognizable. That was helpful because it is so important to make sure it is clear when you are trying to make a new point. Another way being that I made sure my commentary was well written. I did not just restate and restate everything but instead I made it my own. The commentary written in my new paper was my actual thoughts on what I thought the quote meant and what the author was trying to  get across. Thanks to Mrs. Gilman for posting this so that I could rethink and improve the quality of my paper.

2 comments:

  1. Emma, I completely understand when you say that you wrote it, even though you don't remember half the stuff that is on there!

    ReplyDelete