Wednesday, November 3, 2010

So many paragraphs, so many skills

For the third period class of Mrs. Gilman, none of the papers read would be considered horrible. Most people did did good jobs while others did fantastic and semi-okay jobs. The flaws of papers that were consistently pointed out would be that the transitions were too attached with the quote embedment so they were hard to find. This would be a problem because now you can't really tell when they are trying to "transition" into a new topic rather that just jumping from thing to thing. Another weakness about papers was that the commentary was more plot summary. This was really annoying to me because I didn't get to hear about their opinions on what they thought it meant and I got yet another recap on this book we've been analyzing forever. Other than those two main the things, most of the papers were pretty decent. Our class was somewhat brutal when it came to negative things about the paper. People were pointing out things as small as the page number should lye by itself such as (98) not (p.98). To me those types of things don't matter as long as the quality of writing is up to par. So overall I would  say transitions and commentary were some of the most frequent problems in the papers read. 

My paragraph, I thought was not bad. I mean obviously it has lots of flaws but I felt I got "hated on", if you will, when my negative critique's came around. The issue's in my paper were mainly transitions. My transitions flowed too much into my quote embedment and were hard to find. I definitely will make sure that they are clear next time so that the viewers can understand the point I am trying to make. Reading over the checklist multiple times is a for sure thing to do when writing my next paper. I know fully understand how helpful it will be the next time around.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoy this blog post. I think you really express yourself. It's good that you have realized helpful things that will make your next writing even better. Nice work (:

    ReplyDelete